I finally get a mission in modern day, yes! I land in Uganda on a mission, to survey the people about what they think of the country they live in. My background on Uganda... nothing. I check into my hotel and set off to get the knowledge critical to the success of our organization.
I go around asking people basic questions, like" What is your job?", also "are you happy with your job?"
Most people said they worked in agriculture, a little over eighty percent, and were happy with their job due to its importance to the country. A few others about fifteen percent said they were miners. Miners are of importance, because they contribute thirty percent of the countries exports. Wow these people sure know alot about their countries exports!
The next questions I asked were about the environment. I asked one Ugandan if he enjoyed the nature in Uganda, his answer was," The trees are like green giants next to the waterfalls. I love going out and adventuring to these places, but there are many deforestation problems destroying such scenery." I also asked another on the state of the pollution ," There are much more vehicles on the road now, this is inflicting great amounts of pollution to the air."
One subject that most people know a lot about in Uganda is their religion. I asked what the main religion of Uganda was. They answered, "We had a religion before the British came and made us a protectorate. Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, and Islam were all new religions introduced to Uganda. We don't dishearten religions, and don't stay too far away from our roots."
I thanked everyone for their time and knowledge. I learned a lot more than I thought I would, I was very pleasantly surprised by the knowledge of these people. I got the info and now I must scurry to TTI to give my big presentation!
Good job on the facts about their jobs and their religions.
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with you, these people sure do know a lot about their country's exports.
ReplyDeleteNice uses of all vocab words. Thank goodness you got a mission in the present.
ReplyDelete