Friday, December 2, 2011

M#4 Well... Theoretically speaking

        We finally got to the town of Makkah (Mecca) after a 30 day trip by sea. I was almost kissing the ground after all of the sea sickness I encountered. We were forced onto this trip because my "friends" back in Europe wanted to find what other people used for different technologies. I decided to look at some irrigation systems they had because people were tearing down ours for houses. I figured if they could sustain farms on a mountain side the farmers on the mountains would know what was one of their most unique irrigation systems was.
         It didn't take too long to get there, maybe a days worth of travel. Then I started to climb up the mountain. I t was exhausting, but I knew it would be worth the effort. Unluckily for me I was assigned a group to work with, and one man was a real peevish guy. I had to goad people to keep them moving We climbed up the rocky mountain terraces one by one, I guess it would be worse if it was a steep slope. Just when I thought my legs would collapse, We made it to the top... or well I guess the first house. The farmer was out working, so I figured it wouldn't be a problem. I went up and asked him what he used for a water source. He replied " Well ... umm.... we ran out of water because of this drought we had."
         I was shocked, mad, and still tired, but I still managed to ask, "What did you use before the drought?", before he could answer the peevish man cut in, "Who cares I just want to go back to Makkah and have dinner!" I was very angry, so I went to the skies and asked the rain to come down and nullify the drought. When it rains... The land was almost instantly fertile again, and boy did the wells and aqueducts fill up fast! THe farmer was completely ecstatic. Then we took our trip back to Makkah.
           When we arrived many people had found things that looked useful, but mine was by far the best. The blueprints for these miracle pipes that created so much condensation that water just came out of them. Our debate started on which one we should take back, we only had enough cargo room for one more invention or blueprint. One person started off saying we should bring back polo, so we could be more active. Another said we should bring the literature and bookmaking... if you know history like I do... well we got those later. One guy was really set on bringing back their knowledge of geography. It was my turn and I went up to present. I went through calmly and surely. I was pretty convincing if I do say so myself.
Then we went on to the actual debate. I was defending my device valiantly, but the geographer guy kept on trying to pin my against the wall, literally and metaphorically. Finally the time was up, now we just have to wait for the results. We all had one vote. I voted for the geography one, out of good sportsmanship. "And the results are... A tie between irrigation team and geography team!" Well I guess we could try to work with each other to make some space for my blueprints and his maps. Well I guess winning isn't everything, but it doesn't hurt to share.
         

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for making it rain, but I disagree...sharing means less for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats true. you just gave sombody just a little bit. its tuanting them man.

    ReplyDelete