Wednesday, November 9, 2011

M#3 Byzantian Uprise

             I stepped out of the warm house into the cold, crisp, fresh air of the Byzantine empire. A cool breeze flew by, it was seven O'clock in the morning. The sun barely had popped out from under the hills it seemed like any other summer morning. I walked into town, very few people were awake. I walked up to the town crier, he told me about all of  today's events. There was a chariot race, a gladiator fight, and a knitting club meeting (yes!). He also told me that the emperor, Justinian, was trying to reunite the Roman empire, but went about it in nasty ways. I am against anything nasty or cruel, so I am completely against this. I guess I'll just have to find a way to get the word out to the public, with out Justinian knowing.
              I walked around town telling only people I knew and trusted. The Idea was for them to tell everyone they knew and trusted, just not anyone who works for Justinian, likes Justinian, or is Justinian. The word spread really fast, so I knew I had to make a meeting spot for all of us. We knew that Justinian had many people working for him, so we couldn't use a public place. We need an under cover meeting spot... how about the chariot coliseum!
              I entered the coliseum and decided I made the right choice. Everyone could be in here, and we have the freedom of our chants it is the perfect plan. It was race day everyone in town was at the race the two top teams were competing, so the amount of people here wasn't really anything different. The stadium was divided into two sections, one for each team's unique fans. We cheered, and jeered, and were having a good time. We sent out the signal to the other teams fans, and then we started to direct our jeers towards the king.
               We stormed out the gates and up to his castle. We just waited and kept on trying to call him out and make him submit to our forces, I even threw in a bolt of lightning near his castle. Relentlessly we powered thru the doors of the castle and stormed the place. I searched all over, but he was nowhere to be found. Then they came. The shock troops came in. We had no armor, and pitchforks, but we had poise. They killed almost everyone, but not me!
                I guess when you've got someone that is really mean or not fun to work with you just got to power through, or else they might kill you.... Rarely. 
              
                          

2 comments:

  1. I think I would have chosen to use the knitting club to start a riot. Chariot races are always so calm and boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice uses of spelling words. Good thing they didn't kill you.

    ReplyDelete