Friday, February 4, 2011

M10: Greece, going going gone

http://img2.photographersdirect.com/img/27769/wm/pd2587694.jpg

(Above) this was an ancient Greek theater! (I watched a play here.)
This was the superior battle of salamis (left)
Although battles may sound fun, they are really painful

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/europe/european-union/greece/images/athens-greece.jpgWalking away slowly, I wondered if I would ever come back to this gigantic monument, but it was inconceivable  (Right)

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/AUTOIMAGES/NC49241lg.jpg

 The Spartans looked almost paralyzed, they were so still. (Right)








http://members.tripod.com/joseph_berrigan/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/thermopylae.jpg
 The battle field was speckled with blood, the Persians had won.
Yelling viciously, the Greek soldier pummeled through the Persian lines. 
http://pstevensfhs.wikispaces.com/file/view/myths-hephaestus.jpg/55314204/myths-hephaestus.jpg


                                                                        I saw Hephaestus. I screamed.



http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/Javelin_throw.jpg

I think that discus is the best sport; the ancient Greeks think that the throw of a spear is the greatest. 


                                                                                            http://www.kurma.net/essays/images/halva.jpg
                                                                                I wanted to have halva, but my stomach said otherwise. 
 



http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4135190/2/istockphoto_4135190-greek-column.jpgI sunk around the column, dodging and diving every which way.
This was my tyrant friend. (aka the one who was really nice! A crazy person told me otherwise though)
http://www.historyking.com/images/Ancient-Greece-Tyrants.jpg

4 comments:

  1. I LIKE THE PICTURES AND YOUR CAPTIONS, BUT YOU COULD USE MORE OF BOTH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. It has a lot of action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm...a crazy person warned you about Tyranny. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of your pictures esp. your halva! It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete