I woke up an a room full of strangers with masks and armor on. I knew who these people were, samurai. It was a quaint room. It was very simplistic, just one vase of flowers in the middle, and all white walls. I was told to stand up, but when I tried to I realize that I had my own suit of armor on. I must have been knocked out, but my memory is slowly coming back. Yes that's right, I am in samurai school and we were learning how to use poles when I knocked my self out. As long as I am here I may as well learn all I can, and become a samurai
Well I better get back to school, now that I am not unconscious. Today we are learning about the beliefs required to become a samurai. We were taught to follow Buddhism, but we can take our own interpretations on it. Not all samurai follow the same rules and beliefs of the Buddhist religion. WE also learned that we must not be afraid to die, because if we do die, we will be the ones killing ourself with our sacrificial swords.
I woke up the next day and went to school. I realized that the teacher wasn't there today. It was then that the emperor's adviser came in yelling that the teacher had been kidnapped and that we were the only samurai left in town.At that moment I decided this was my call to action my chance to prove myself, I would go and rescue him!
We all ran out into the country side, the adviser had told us that he had seen them going in the direction of the Huang He river. With our armor clanking and swords drawn, we ran to the river banks to see him tied up and his captors torturing him to get info about the emperor. I remembered one thing that we had worked on forever before I had lost my memory, archery. This was our one hope, just to pick them off one by one, there were too many to go in and kill with our swords. I drew my bow and knocked and arrow, it felt surprisingly fluent. My companions also followed my lead.
When night fell, we struck. We shot down each and every one of the kidnappers, and rescued our teacher and the other samurai they had held hostage. When we got our teacher back all he could manage to say was " Thank you... all of you are... true samurai... " He then pulled out his sacrificial sword and ripped open his torso. It was a frustrating loss, but I was able to hold myself together.
Great uses of vocab words, but too bad that your teacher died.
ReplyDelete