Friday, May 20, 2011

M15:Divali

          Well after that journey of being hit with a steel pole and not being able to save the city I needed to relax, so I went to Diwali, the festival of lights. I also needed to get some better religious understandings before I could go anywhere. 
           When I got there there were so many colors that I needed to shield my eyes. There were so many people and all of them were so jaunty.  I saw a huge firework, it was electric green in color and was gigantic.  When it exploded in the sky I was almost blinded, it was quite a sight.
           I decided to go to the base of the fireworks and find out what was going on. I saw a few deities along the way, well people dressed like them. I noticed many people dressed up as Rama and Sita. This was obviously them because Diwali is the celebration of Rama defeating Ravana. This is why people celebrate Diwali by lighting candles to drive away the darkness. I decided to talk to people about some deities.First I talked to a teenager.

          He said " My favorite deity is Rama because he was so strong that he could defeat the demon Ravana.
          Next I talked to a little girl, she said " My favorite deity is defiantly Hanuman because he destroyed everything in his path."
          Okay not what I expected out of a little girl but... Next I talked to a Monk, he explained, "Life in Ancient India was tough, to prove it Vishnu had nine different incarnations to save the world, Rama was the fifth".   
            Well that one was the most helpful but way off topic, considering I asked him what his favorite food was! Well see you next time, bye!

3 comments:

  1. I like how you use the word jaunty in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice use of jaunty. I also like the electric green fireworks in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The festival sounds fun, and maybe the Monk didn't understand your question.

    ReplyDelete